Tuesday 28 April 2020

Find the joy

Before lockdown I would have said l was a full time mum but now I realise that this wasn't quite true. I did have time to pray, ask what God wanted of me and do what I felt at that moment he was calling me to. Now I am finding it difficult to find a moment to myself and to pray.

I have found comfort in Julian of Norwich and her view of God as Mother.1  I can think of God nurturing, holding my hand and guiding me through everything. I may slip up but God is there to pick me back up again when things don't go quite the way I imagined.

Julian of Norwich saw a vision of Christ on the cross in pain. He smiled and said 'All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of things will be well.'1  

I take comfort in this especially now as I know God is taking care of us; God is with us in every moment and I just need to trust in God.

Julian also said 'the fullness of joy is to behold God in everything.'1
  
At the moment, I find this especially important. Just stopping and looking for the joy allows me to carrying on knowing God is there.

So next time you feel stressed or anxious, stop and find the joy - it is always there; a glimmer of light showing the way forward.

By Megan D

_____________
References:
1. Julian of Nowich, Barry Windaett. Revelations of Divine Love. Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment